The PFL’s Challenger Series returned for the second week of 2023, with athletes gunning for a PFL contract that could either serve as a developmental deal or earn them a spot directing into the regular season to compete for its $1 million prize.
2023 PFL Challenger Series 2 took place Friday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., and aired live on fubo Sports Network. The event featured three women’s featherweight fights and one catchweight bout.
The first three contests ended early, with Michelle Montague (3-0) and Evelyn Martins (3-0) picking up rear-naked choke submission wins, while Jackie Cataline (3-1) stopped her opponent by TKO with strikes. The lone decision of the evening was a unanimous nod for Amanda Leve (2-0).
After the conclusion of the bouts, the four winners were narrowed down to Montague and Levee to determine which fighter would be awarded a PFL contract with the help of a live fan vote.
The celebrity panel this week consisted of an all-former fighter lineup of Paige VanZant, Tyron Woodley and Randy Couture. Their vote went to Montague, while the fans chose Leve. Ray Sefo served as the tiebreaking vote for the second week in a row, and he chose Leve as the winner of the PFL contract.
– @TWooodley, @Randy_Couture, & @paigevanzant all cast their vote for: Montague
– Fan Vote goes to: Leve
– Ray Sefo tiebreaker vote goes to: AMANDA LEVE
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!#PFLonFubo pic.twitter.com/TxLjXwo0OW
— PFL (@PFLMMA) February 4, 2023
Official results for 2023 PFL Challenger Series 1 include:
- Amanda Leve def. Naranjargal Tsend-Ayush via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Evelyn Martins def. Jeslen Mishelle via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:40
- Jackie Cataline def. Senna van der Veerdonk via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:09
- Michelle Montague def. Shaquita Amador Woods via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:45